VIIIs can now enter the Mirabaud BaselHead in two competitions. As well as the Mirabaud Classic long-distance chase, the “Three King’s” sprint over 350 meters will be part of the program.
The 6.4 km course goes upstream under three bridges in central Basel, turns a full 180°, and returns downstream. Athletes and coxes need to adapt constantly to new situations. Another highlight is the “Three King’s” Sprint over 350 meters, which is carried out before the long distance race on the same day.
Crews start at short intervals. GPS transmitters in every boat enable tracking from start to finish. The top three crews in each category receive attractive cash prizes.
Categories and disciplines
|Mirabaud Classic 6.4 km||Three Kings’ Sprint 350m|
Cash prizes (CHF)
In addition: In addition to the prize money, all participants will receive a finisher gadget. In addition to the main categories, additional ranking lists for club boats, as well as national crews, are created. Further, the best club in the tri-national region of Basel will be awarded.
Eight key points for Eights
- Long-distance entries are limited to 100 crews
- Registration will be opened on 1st July 2021
- Entries are opened until October 22, 2021
- Entries will be accepted in their order of receipt
- All coxes must be seated astern (no “front-loaders”)
- Starting order and intervals will be decided after entries close
- The course is extremely demanding. Only experienced coxes are permitted. Video Coxing-Rules
- An attractive choice of catering is available near the start